- DNR to Host Outdoor Recreation Input Meeting June 19
- Celebrate the Great American Backyard Campout June 22
- Get Ready for the Highest Tides of the Summer June 22 – 25; Snap & Share High Tide Photos
- Horse Sugar Added to Maryland Big Tree Database
- Fort Frederick to Host Daily Historic Programs This Summer
- $3 Million Awarded for Chesapeake Bay Restoration in Anacostia & Little Patuxent Watersheds
- 2012-2013 Black Bear Conservation Stamp – Now Available
- Maryland Outdoors Days Continue Through June 22
- Swimming and Beach Information Around the Bay
- Get your Bay Game Activity Book Now
- 6/22: Birding by Ear - New Germany State Park
So, you don't know "teacher, teacher, teacher!" from "zoo, zoo, zee?" How shameful!! Luckily for you, Naturalist Tillet's popular 'Birding by Ear' class is here! He uses successful processes that help people learn to identify birds by their songs and other vocalizations. If you have binoculars and a field guide, bring them! Call 301-895-5453 for more information. $2/per person.
- 6/22: Night Photography - Patapsco Valley State Park
Come and bring your digital DLSR camera and learn how to photograph the moon (if in phase) and the stars. Learn how to adjust your camera in different modes line shutter, aperture, and manual mode. Also learn how to shoot time delay (depending on the camera model) and capture star streaks. Tripod is required for this type of photography. Please being your manual camera and clothes for cooler weather. Also bring bug spray, food, water/beverages and any other items to sustain you for two hours. Please call or email for details at email@example.com, 410-917-2239. Registration is required!! Meet at the large field located just past the contact station at McKeldin. There is a $3.00 fee for entering the park. This event is free but Donations are appreciated.
- 6/22: Evening Paddle - Elk Neck State Park
Enjoy an evening paddle on the serene waters of Elk Neck. Discover the wonders that abound on the water as the sun sets. Meet at the Park Store. $20 per canoe, $15 per single kayak. Have your own canoe or kayak bring it along for just $5 per person. Space is limited, so call 410-287-5333 today to make your reservations.
A central place for collecting and sharing materials and information about Trails in Maryland.
Check out class listings, sign up soon as classes fill up fast. Other safety education courses are also listed.
Bay restoration is a work in progress. Please help us in our efforts to reclaim the Chesapeake Bay.
DNR has the lead role in advancing the scientific understanding of Maryland’s vulnerability to climate change.