- DNR Administrative Offices will be closed on Friday, May 24th and Monday, May 27th, for Service Reduction Day and the Memorial Day Holiday. Maryland State Parks are on their normal operating schedule.
- Joe Gill Sworn in as DNR Secretary
- Water Safety and Swimming Information from Around the Bay
- Citizens and Organizations Invited to Celebrate Maryland Outdoors Days, June 8-22
- Rural Legacy Program Preserves Land in Washington County
- Fort Frederick to Host Colonial Children’s Day: A Soldier’s Life on June 1st
- Enter Pictures Taken in Maryland in the DNR Photo Contest
- National Trails Day® Events in Maryland State Parks on June 1st
- Make Your Thoughts Known about Maryland’s Land Preservation and Recreation Plan
- Riparian Property Licensing Open until June 1st
- 5/25: Families in Nature Holiday Weekend - Fort Frederick State Park
Bring the entire family and come explore the natural side of Fort Frederick State Park. There will be a variety of self-guided and staff-led outdoor nature activities for all interest levels and ages throughout the weekend. Cost: $5.00 per car for out of state residents, $3.00 per car for MD residents. Please contact park at 301-842-2155 for specific activity times.
- 5/25: Fair Hill Races - Fair Hill NRMA
Join us for the 79th running of the Fair Hill Races! Steeplechase racing at its finest! Parimutuel Wagering, Vendors, Kids Corner, Best Tailgate and Hat Contests, Veterans Tribute and Live Music. Proceeds benefit Union Hospital of Cecil County Surgical Center Renovation Project. Cost: Tickets in advance - $15, Tickets at gate - $20, Children ages 5 through 17 - $7.50, Reserved seats: In advance - $30, at gate - $30. Call 410-398-6565 for more information.
- 5/25: Campfire at the Beach - Gunpowder Falls State Park
Bring your chairs or a picnic blanket and enjoy s'mores and other fire-roasted snacks on a warm summer night. The whole family can unwind after a busy work week and hear our naturalists share their knowledge of the natural and cultural resources in our park. No registration necessary. Cost: $5/person. Call 410-592-2897 for more information.
A central place for collecting and sharing materials and information about Trails in Maryland.
Check out class listings, sign up soon as classes fill up fast. Other safety education courses are also listed.
Bay restoration is a work in progress. Please help us in our efforts to reclaim the Chesapeake Bay.
DNR has the lead role in advancing the scientific understanding of Maryland’s vulnerability to climate change.