- Public Input Sought on Maryland’s Proposed Hunting and Trapping Regulations
- Sections of Western Maryland Rail Trail to Close for Maintenance – March 10-27
- Students K-12 COLOR MARYLAND GREEN; Entry Deadline Extended to March 14th
- Coastal Areas Apply for Preparedness Grants; Deadline Extended to March 7th
- Maple Syrup Demonstrations at Cunningham Falls State Park – March 8-9 and March 15-16
- DNR Seeks Black Bear and Migratory Game Bird Stamp Designs
- TREE-MENDOUS 2014 Now Accepting Spring Orders
- Winners Named in Maryland Volunteer Angler Survey Contest
- Riparian Property Licensing Now Open - Application Deadline June 1
- Muskrat Trapping Season Extended to March 22nd
- Casino within Rocky Gap State Park to Carry-out Planned Expansion
- Stay Smart, Stay Safe in Winter Weather – It can Change Quickly
- 3/8: Competitive Trail Riding 101 - Fair Hill NRMA
Come prepared to run! We will run an approximately 3 mile section of the Wildlands trails. Expect the course to have patches of mud, changes in elevation and possibly minor course obstacles such as roots and downed trees. We will start with a discussion of trail running safety and planning tips. After that, it's time to run! This program is designed for physically fit individuals interested in trying a group trail run. To accommodate a group run the pace will be moderate. Water will be provided at the beginning and end of our run. Before beginning any new physical activity you should consult your physician to determine that the activity is appropriate for you. Preregistration is required. Call 410-592-2897, cost is $2/person.
- 3/8: History of Watermen on the Patuxent - Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary and Visitor's Center
The Patuxent River, adjacent to Merkle, has a rich history of watermen who made a living off of its shores and depths. Join a ranger as we learn about the life of watermen on the Patuxent. Hands on activities include decoy carving, food sampling, and net making. $3/person. To register for this program please e-mail email@example.com or call 301-888-1377.
- 3/9: Bird Calls of Merkle - Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary and Visitor's Center
Birding isn't an activity that's only done by sight, but by sound as well. Learn and strengthen your identification of bird calls during this one hour bird call ID program and practice your skills. This event is FREE! To register for this program please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-888-1377.
A central place for collecting and sharing materials and information about Trails in Maryland.
Check out class listings, sign up soon as classes fill up fast. Other safety education courses are also listed.
Bay restoration is a work in progress. Please help us in our efforts to reclaim the Chesapeake Bay.
DNR has the lead role in advancing the scientific understanding of Maryland’s vulnerability to climate change.