- DNR Administrative Offices will be closed on Friday, May 24, 2013 and Monday, May May 27, 2013 in observance of Service Reduction and the Memorial Day Holiday. Maryland State Parks are on their normal operating schedule.
- 2013 Natural Resources Photo Contest is Underway
- Riparian Property Licensing Open until June 1st
- National Trails DayŽ Events in Maryland State Parks on June 1st
- Celebrate Maryland Outdoors Days June 8-22, 2013 – Host an Event
- All About Snakes in Maryland
- Take the 2013 Maryland Land Preservation and Recreation Plan Survey
- Fort Frederick to Host Junior Ranger Program June 24 -28: Registration Required
- State of Maryland and DoD Partner to Protect Coastal Resources
- Marylanders Reminded to Keep Fawns Wild
- 5/18: Kids' Fishing Rodeo - New Germany State Park
Fishing: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Awards Ceremony: 11:15 Pro Cast Challenge: 11:30 *Fish Printing Craft: 12:00 Food, refreshments, and gift items will be available for purchase at the Lake House. **(Ages 15 years and under). Please call 301-895-5453 for more information.
- 5/18: Movie Mania - Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary and Visitor's Center
Come to the movies! Meet at the Nature Center Amphitheater and enjoy a family friendly movie. Seating is limited. Please bring a blanket or your camp chairs. Call 410-287-5333 to make your reservations today! Donations welcomed!
- 5/18: Fair Hill Scottish Games - Fair Hill NRMA
The Scottish Games Association of Delaware, Inc., will present the 53rd Annual Colonial Highland Gathering - Rain or Shine. Bagpipe Bands, Drumming, Scottish Dancers, Scottish Athletes, Sheep Dogs, Vendors. Great Family Fun! Tickets will be available at the gate on the day of the games: Adults - $20, Seniors - $15, Children ages 6 through 12 - $6, Children 5 years of age and under - Free. Contact organization for Discounted Advance Ticket Sales. Call 302-309-0032 for more information.
A central place for collecting and sharing materials and information about Trails in Maryland.
Check out class listings, sign up soon as classes fill up fast. Other safety education courses are also listed.
Bay restoration is a work in progress. Please help us in our efforts to reclaim the Chesapeake Bay.
DNR has the lead role in advancing the scientific understanding of Maryland’s vulnerability to climate change.