My First Fish Program
My 1st Fish recognizes a new angler's achievement of catching their first fish. A certificate with the angler's name, date, species caught, length, and fishing buddy or Captain will be awarded to commemorate the event. If a digital photograph is taken and included with the entry, it will be placed on the certificate. To receive a My 1st Fish certificate, email DNR at email@example.com:
- Angler's Name
- Mailing Address
- Species Caught (if known)
- Date Caught
- Fishing Buddy or Captain
- Digital Photograph (If Available)
- Any fish is eligible that is caught in Maryland waters.
- All fish that do not comply with Maryland law or regulations must be immediately returned to the water.
- Any angler is eligible regardless of age.
- Photographs included with entry must be in digital format.