The Maryland Environmental Trust is a statewide land trust.
Our mission is to provide landowners with information and tools to permanently protect natural, historic and scenic resources in the state.
Maryland Environmental Trust works with landowners and citizen land trusts to protect Maryland's most treasured landscapes and natural resources as a legacy for future generations.
As one of the oldest and most successful land trusts in the country, MET holds over 1,070 conservation easements preserving over 130,000 acres statewide.
From the Chesapeake Bay to the mountains of Garrett County, our Land Conservation, Monitoring and Stewardship, and Land Trust Assistance Programs promote the protection of open land.
MET also provides grants to environmental education projects through the Keep Maryland Beautiful Program.
Saturday Nov 1, 2014
5:00pm to 8:00pm
3366 Belmont Avenue
Glyndon, MD 21071
Early Registration Encouraged, Limited Space
$200 per person
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
Constance J. Lieder
Stanislaw Maliszewski and Julia Jitkoff
Hunting Ridge Farm
Frank and Helen Bonsal
For information about sponsorship click here.
2013 Year in Review
Click here to see a pdf slideshow of
MET's accomplishments in 2013.
MET Protected Acres
130,000 and counting
- 08/18/14 - Farmers look to easements to preserve county's rural character (Frederick New-Post)
- 06/18/14 - Governor O’Malley Recognizes Landowners for Protecting Scenic and Natural Areas
- 06/10/14 - Keep Maryland Beautiful Grants Awarded to 21 Schools and Organizations Across the State
- 05/15/14 - Join MET to Keep Solomons Island Road Litter-Free!
- 04/16/14 - The Maryland Environmental Trust Awards $27,000 in Grants
- 02/24/14 - Maryland Environmental Trust Protects 2,361 acres in 2013
- 01/27/14 - MET Permanently Protects 36 Acres in Western Maryland in 2013
- 01/23/14 - MET Permanently Protects 211 Acres in Southern Maryland in 2013
- 12/11/13 - MET Names New Conservation Easement Steward
- 11/25/13 - Maryland Environmental Trust Names New Administrative Officer
- 11/22/13 - MET Presents Land Trust Workshop on Board Excellence
- 11/21/13 - MET Seeks Presenters for Statewide Land Conservation Conference
2014 Board of Trustee Meetings
- November 3, 2014
November meeting to be held from 4-9 p.m. at Tawes State Office Building (DNR), 580 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, MD 21401- Rm# CR_C1
- December 1, 2014.
December meeting to be held from 5-8 at Smithsonian Education Research Center (SERC), 647 Contees Wharf Road, Edgewater, MD 20137.
These meetings are scheduled the first Monday of each month with the exception of September to avoid a conflict with the Labor Day holiday. The Board does not meet in January, July and August.