Firearms Safety Tips
- Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Watch the muzzle! Prepare to control the direction of the muzzle even if you stumble.
- Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions and that you have only ammunition of the proper size for the gun you are carrying.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it before you pull the trigger; know identifying features of the game you hunt.
- Unload guns when not in use. Take down or have actions open. Guns should be carried in cases to the shooting area.
- Never point a gun at anything you dont want to shoot or kill. Do not play with a firearm.
- Never climb a tree or jump a ditch with a loaded gun. Never pull the gun toward you by the muzzle.
- Never shoot a bullet at flat, hard surfaces or water.
- Store guns and ammunition separately, beyond the reach of children and careless adults. Consider using trigger locks.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and medications that cause drowsiness before or during use of a firearm.
- 4/15/13 - NRP Participates in Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- 4/10/13 - Natural Resources Court Program Expands
- 3/19/13 - Governor O'Malley Congratulates NRP on 145th Anniversary
- 3/12/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/30/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - NRP Rescues Two from Deep Creek Lake
- 1/29/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - Maryland Wild Turkey Federation Honors NRP Officer
- 1/7/13 - NRP Blotter
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter