Protecting Maryland’s natural resources, public lands, waterways and people through proactive and responsive law enforcement services with courtesy, integrity, dedication and professionalism.
Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) Core Values
NRP personnel will be committed to the following core values to guide their conduct:
- INTEGRITY - Employees shall:
- Uphold the public trust by being honest.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical and moral character.
- Obey all laws.
- COURTESY - Employees shall:
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity and in an unbiased manner.
- Refrain from responses of uncontrolled anger when dealing with a citizen, an NRP employee, or others.
- Protect constitutional rights through impartial enforcement of the law.
- DEDICATION - Employees shall:
- Provide dedicated and compassionate assistance to citizens.
- Promote leadership, cooperation and assistance to the NRP and its employees.
- Aspire to improve service, the quality of life and partnership with the community.
- Obey NRP rules, regulations and procedures.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Employees shall:
- Present a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Perform duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilize appropriate and respectful language when dealing with citizens, NRP employees, or others.
- Never use unnecessary force or violence.
- Furnish name, identification number and duty assignment to any person properly entitled to this information.
- Obey all lawful orders.
- 09/15/14 - NRP Charges Two Men with Illegal Hunting in Allegany and Frederick Counties
- 09/09/14 - NRP Continues Its “Don’t Get Pinched” Campaign to Catch Illegal Crabbers
- 09/08/14 - NRP Charges 10 Men with Riding Off-Road Vehicles on Protected State Land
- 09/05/14 - NRP, Coast Guard Shut Down Three Kent Island Charter Boats
- 09/03/14 - NRP Reports Labor Day Holiday Celebrated Safely
- 08/27/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/18/14 - NRP Responds to Two Serious Boating Accidents
- 08/12/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/04/14 - NRP’s “Don’t Get Pinched” Campaign Nets Violators Across Maryland
- 08/04/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/01/14 - Two Tilghman Island Watermen Plead Guilty to Poaching Striped Bass
- 07/21/14 - NRP Wins Conservation, Boating Court Cases
- 07/17/14 - NRP Blotter
- 06/26/14 - NRP Blotter
- 05/14/14 - NRP Blotter
- 04/07/14 - Governor O’Malley Lauds NRP Oyster Enforcement Efforts
- 03/31/14 - Two Watermen Charged with Harvesting Oysters in a Sanctuary
- 03/26/14 - NRP Blotter
- 03/25/14 - Eastern Shore Waterman Charged with Oyster Poaching for the Fifth Time
- 03/24/14 - Silver Spring Man Found Guilty of Poaching 228 Undersized Striped Bass
- 03/24/14 - NRP Blotter
- 03/21/14 - NRP Charges Crisfield Waterman with Seven Oyster Violations
- 03/20/14 - NRP Charges Two Watermen with Harvesting Oysters from a Sanctuary
- 03/17/14 - NRP Arrests Four Watermen with Help from State Police Helicopter
- 03/13/14 - NRP Blotter
- 03/12/14 - Oyster Poachers Found Guilty with Help of New Radar Network
- 03/07/14 - NRP Charges Five with Oyster Poaching
- 01/16/14 - NRP Seizes Virginia Tractor-Trailer Carrying 50 Bushels of Undersized Oysters
- 01/10/14 - Montgomery County resident offers $1,000 reward through NRP for leads in bald eagle killing
- 01/07/14 - NRP Blotter
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter