What We Do
The Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) is a law enforcement agency with state wide jurisdiction to enforcement all state laws and regulations. The NRP have three main functions:
- Enforcing the laws and regulations that protect Maryland Natural Resources. These laws regulate harvesting, possessing or pursuing Marylandís fish and wildlife resources.
- Enforcing state laws and regulations on 500,000 acres of land owned or controlled by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources. These lands are visited and utilized by 12 million visitors a year.
- Ensuring Marylandís recreational boating enforcement and maritime homeland security. NRP enforces all the boating and navigational laws, as well as conducting search and rescue on all of Marylandís waterways. This responsibility includes investigating approximately 300 boating accident per year, assisting in 300 to 400 boating emergencies such as vessels in distress and search and rescue incidents. The NRP responds to approximately 2,400 maritime incidents a year on Marylandís Chesapeake Bay, tidal rivers, inland waters and coastal waterways off the Atlantic Ocean.
The NRP conducts daily maritime patrols of Marylandís critical infrastructure that adjoins Marylandís waterways. The NRP has been designated as the lead state law enforcement agency for maritime security throughout the state.
- 4/15/13 - NRP Participates in Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- 4/10/13 - Natural Resources Court Program Expands
- 3/19/13 - Governor O'Malley Congratulates NRP on 145th Anniversary
- 3/12/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/30/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - NRP Rescues Two from Deep Creek Lake
- 1/29/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - Maryland Wild Turkey Federation Honors NRP Officer
- 1/7/13 - NRP Blotter
NRP is Hiring
Are You Interested in becoming a Natural Resources Police Officer?
The Maryland Natural Resources Police are recognized nationally as a symbol of professionalism and leadership in the field of conservation and boating law enforcement. To apply, click here.
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter