Celebrate Park Quest with other teams at the Park Quest Rendezvous! The Maryland Park Service with the help of our generous sponsors have a great event planned. Teams will participate in activities and challenges and be eligible to win fun prizes.
Teams need to bring their own lunch to the Rendezvous.
Families will receive Park Quest t-shirts for all registered team members. All teams registered for the Rendezvous will be eligible for prizes.
Rendezvous Date: September 29, 2012
Patapsco Valley State Park - Pickall Day Use Area
- Link to Patapsco Valley State Park (Pickall Area) website
- Link to Pickall Day Use Area Map
- Directions to the Pickall Area of Patapsco Valley State Park
From Beltway ( I-695) take Security Boulevard (Exit 17) westbound. Go 0.5 miles and turn left on North Rolling Road. Take next right ( Fairbrook Road) Go 1 mile , turn left on Johnnycake Road. Go 1.5 miles to Park Entrance on the left.
From Rt. 40 take Rt. 40 East to North Rolling Road toward Security Square Mall. Go 2.5 miles, turn left onto Fairbrook Road. Follow above directions.
8125 Johnnycake Road
Woodlawn MD 21244
GPS 39.31159 76.79091
Link to Google Maps
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please note: there are multiple locations for Patapsco Valley State Park. The Rendezvous will be held in the Pickall Day Use Area.
- Registration starts at 9 a.m. and continues until 1 p.m.
- Activity stations will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Teams need to bring their own lunch to the Rendezvous.
- To participate in Rendezvous activities your team must be represented by at least one adult and one child who were registered as Team members at the start of Park Quest 2012.
- Teams may not split to participate in multiple Rendezvous activities at the same time.
- Park Quest Rendezvous activities are located around the picnic area and you will be provided with a map for locations.
- All the activities will be described in a handout you will receive at the Rendezvous.
- Prize drawings will begin at 3 p.m. Teams may only win one Grand Prize.
You must RSVP by September 24th for the Rendezvous if you have completed the required minimum 10 Park Quests.
RSVP with your Team Name and Team Number and the names of all team members attending via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your RSVP was accepted. Passports must be presented and verified at the time your team registers at the Rendezvous site.
Questions regarding the Rendezvous can be e-mailed to Barb Knisely at: email@example.com