From waterfront shelters to historic mansions to sandy beaches, Maryland State Parks are the natural choice for anyone celebrating a special day. Our parks provide a beautiful, serene backdrop for your wedding, graduation, birthday, anniversary party, or family reunion. With more than 60 picturesque state parks to choose from, Maryland State Parks offer something for everyone. Whatever your choice, your event will be unforgettable. Learn more details about each parks’ accommodations by clicking on the specific venue.
ASSATEAGUE STATE PARK - (410) 641-2120 ext. 10
This park allows weddings and other special events on the beach in the Day Use area. Permits are not required, but guests are asked to contact the Park’s Headquarters at least a week in advance of the event.
- All wedding/party guests must pay the standard day use service charges. There are no pre-paid options and payments following the event cannot be accepted. Memorial Day-Labor Day $4/person; out-of-state residents $6/person. All other times $3/vehicle; out-of-state residents $5/vehicle.
- Open flames on the beach are not permitted, including candles, luminaries, and tiki torches.
- Chairs and small structures may be set up only if the do not require digging holes in the ground. You may erect temporary structures, such as archways, chairs or flower stands.
- Other visitors and wildlife, including the horses, may be in the area during the event.
- The park does not have pavilions available for receptions after the event. Many brides choose to have receptions at hotels or restaurants in Ocean City, or at one of the historic hotels or bed and breakfasts nearby.
"I absolutely loved everything. The staff was very helpful before, during and after. It was exactly what I wanted and then some!"
JANES ISLAND STATE PARK - (410) 968-1565
Daugherty Creek holds 65 theatre style seating for gatherings and sleeps 16 people in four bedrooms, each furnished with two sets of bunk beds. The facility features a large upper floor event room that opens on a deck overlooking the expansive salt marshes of Janes Island.
- There are full kitchen facilities; including basic cookware.
- Cozy sitting area on the lower floor.
- Fully functioning fireplaces enhance the event room and sitting area.
- Decorations can be used with tape only (no holes).
- Cabins are available adjacent to the conference center.
- Local vendors available for catering (list upon request).
- Additional amenities include a screened porch with picnic tables, a large barbecue grill, fire ring, and access to a crabbing pier on Daugherty Creek.
The fee schedule is as follows: Half day (1-5 hours) $85; full day (5-12 hours) $200; overnight (first night) $275; Each additional overnight $200
WYE ISLAND NRMA - (410) 827-7577
Wye Island hosts the DNR Conference Lodge (Duck House). The lodge and grounds are available to rent for your meetings, retreats, company picnics, family reunions, weddings and receptions. The conference lodge is located on Granary Creek just off the Wye East River.
For recreation, we provide volleyball and horseshoes and a large field for other recreational activities. Guests are welcome to hike or bring bicycles to utilize the many miles of trails and shoreline. The lodge can accommodate 25 to 30 people per day for an indoor meeting or event. Outdoors, groups of 50 to 250 people can be accommodated as well using the lodge and nearby pavilion. A self-service kitchen and an outdoor grill are available to users. A list of local caterers is available upon request.
Rental charge for the lodge is $225 per day plus a $15 reservation charge. During certain times of the year, the pavilion can be reserved for a service charge of $175 per day.
The lodge and pavilion can be rented as a package for $350 per day.
Other state parks in the Eastern Region to consider for your special event are:
SANDY POINT STATE PARK - (410) 974-2149
This waterfront park has twelve rental shelters located at the East Beach area, 5 of them have direct water views of the Chesapeake Bay. Nine shelters accommodate up to 140 people, two shelters accommodate up to 180 people, and one shelter accommodates up to 300 people. The shelters include picnic tables, grills and limited electrical receptacles. Water faucets are also available nearby. East Beach has its own swimming beach and bathhouse as well.
Amenities include restrooms and bath houses, playgrounds, volleyball, basketball courts, ball fields, lifeguarded bathing beach. The park offers fishing, crabbing, boat rentals, nature center, concession stand and marina store, boat launching, walking trails and wildlife viewing.
- A limited number of chairs on the beach are allowed; they must be removed at the end of the ceremony. A small archway may be also used.
- Decorations may be used as long as there is no harm to the environment, however, balloons are not allowed due to the abundance of wildlife. Decorations can be secured using tape only.
- The use of a radio/CD player is permitted, however, due to the close proximity of other shelters, no amplified music or DJ’s are allowed.
- Alcohol within the shelters is permitted with a Maryland Park Service alcohol permit, which can be purchased at the time of shelter reservation.
- Open fires, lanterns, candles, etc. are not permitted.
GREENWELL STATE PARK - (301) 373-9775
Whether you are looking to hold a family reunion, a business event, or want the ideal setting for a wedding, you might want to consider this venue located in the heart of Southern Maryland and nestled high on the banks of the Patuxent River.
Located on the grounds is historic Rosedale Manor with breathtaking waterfront views, providing a picturesque setting for bridal showers, corporate events, and conferences.
If you prefer a more casual setting, Quarter Creek Pavilion has covered picnic seating for up to 50 people and is equipped with BBQ grills and a large brick-front fireplace. Call for more details and to inquire about our weekend wedding package.
For more information regarding guidelines and pricing, click on the rental guide.
ROSARYVILLE STATE PARK - (301) 856-9656
This park has two pavilions, each accommodating 200 guests, available for rent from April through October, $300 per pavilion. A bathroom is a short distance from the pavilion area. However, if you want a more formal setting we suggest historic Mt. Airy Mansion. It is one of the oldest Maryland mansions connected to the Calvert family, the Lords Proprietor of colonial Maryland. Visitors can experience the history and atmosphere of Mount Airy. You will receive a full 8-hour rental which includes the first floor of the mansion, the formal garden ceremony site, one changing suite plus 150 white folding chairs and 15 5-ft round tables. Pineapple Alley Catering, Inc. is the manager and exclusive caterer for Mount Airy Mansion. For fee schedule and additional information, visit http://www.mountairymansion.org/home.html
Other state parks in the Southern Region to consider for your special event are:
GUNPOWDER FALLS STATE PARK - MILL POND COTTAGE - (410) 592-2897
If you are looking for a unique getaway that is relaxing and close to nature, then Mill Pond Cottage is the place for you. It is a one of a kind lodging opportunity in Maryland State Parks. It has all of the comforts of your home combined with the charm of a private cottage tucked away in the park. We can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests. Park staff can help you coordinate bike rentals, canoe and kayak rentals, a guided fly fishing adventure and more. There is a wood burning fireplace, fully appointed kitchen, and a screened porch with grill, just to name a few of the cottage's features.
Mill Pond Cottage is open year-round and can be reserved for $200 per night (two night minimum required). Limited parking and on-site accommodations for 8 overnight guests makes this the perfect get-away for small celebrations and gatherings.
NORTH POINT STATE PARK - (410) 477-0757
The Trolley Station Pavilion is available for rental May 1st through September 30th. Available for your use while renting the pavilion, is a large ballast stone grill which will assist you in providing the best family-style barbecues. While visiting the park, plan on strolling around the old Bay Shore Fountain and admiring the various species of birds and other wildlife native to the area. The Trolley Station is a great venue for your wedding, birthday celebration or family reunion and can accommodate up to 300 people.
If you have a small gathering, you might want to consider our Bay front Gazebo. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Chesapeake Bay with friends and family. The gazebo holds a maximum of 30 people and is a great place for barbecues and picnics. It can be rented for the day for a fee of $40.
"...a very nice gazebo and pavilion for the reception. Very nice backdrop for our guests to enjoy."
PATAPSCO VALLEY STATE PARK - (410) 461-5005
This park offers a variety of options for your special day and social gatherings. With multiple areas within the park, there are shelters that provide seating from 20 to 200 guests. Due to its close proximately to Baltimore, this is a popular venue to host your outdoor party.
Most shelters offer electricity, as well as outdoor grills and picnic tables; some shelters have fireplaces. Accessible bathroom facilities are nearby. Alcohol permits are available for an additional fee. Due to the large number of shelters available, we suggest contacting the park directly for detailed information and specific accommodation needs.
"The cabin was very clean and the park is a fantastic find and convenient to Baltimore and Annapolis. Very secluded despite its location. This trip was for my son's birthday. He brought 3 friends to camp with us and they had an absolutely amazing time!"
Other state parks in the Central Region to consider for your special event are:
"ALL the parks are amazing and we just had our wedding at the Pickall area of Patapsco ... it was the PERFECT venue for the perfect wedding! Thank you for everything! GORGEOUS!!!"
GAMBRILL STATE PARK - (301) 293-4170
The Tea Room at has been a popular feature for over 70 years. The Tea Room is a native-stone building, built by the CCC in the 1930’s. This is a popular location for weddings, family reunions, business meetings, and other special events. The beautiful mountain park offers breathtaking views of the Frederick and Middletown Valleys.
The Tea Room has a kitchen, a dining room, and two restrooms. The kitchen is designed for cooking and serving food, with a refrigerator, sink, and conventional oven. Tables, chairs, and firewood are provided. The Tea Room can be rented on non-holiday weekdays for a fee of $121.75 (+ service charge), and on holidays and weekends for $221.75 (+ service charge).
The building is available for rent from April through October, and can accommodate up to 75 people. Decorations are permitted with tape or string only.
NEW GERMANY STATE PARK - (301) 895-5453
This park offers a lovely backdrop of New Germany Lake at the boat ramp. Decorations, chairs and structures, such as archways, chairs or flower stands are permitted for your ceremony. String is preferred for portable decorations.
Three shelters available for rental:
- Tamarack- This small shelter can hold 40 guests. It has electricity, picnic tables, and grills. It is the perfect site for small family reunions and birthday parties. It can be rented from Memorial Day-Labor Day for $16.75 (+ service charge) and from Labor Day-Memorial Day for $36.75 (+ service charge).
- Tall Oaks- Large shelter can seat up to 75 people. It has electricity and a large fireplace, as well as picnic tables. Weddings and family reunions are common here. It can be rented from Memorial Day-Labor Day for $36.75 (+ service charge) and Labor Day-Memorial Day for $76.75 (+ service charge).
- Recreation Hall - The Rec Hall is the site for many reunions, weddings, and other special events. The hall features a prep kitchen, two wood-burning stoves, picnic tables, outdoor grills, and additional chairs. The facility is wheelchair accessible; however, restrooms are located in a separate building. The hall has a 100 person capacity and is available for $96.75 (+ service charge).
Alcohol permits are available and can be obtained when making your reservations.
New Germany Lake House boasts a magnificent view of the lake and is available at certain times during the year. Call the park office to check for availability.
There are eleven full service cabins available for rent for your guests and/or the wedding party.
"My daughter chose this site for her wedding/reception. The park staff was wonderful! It was an amazing, magical and beautiful event. Thank you for making it so easy to turn this wedding/reception into everything my daughter could ever wish for and more!"
ROCKY GAP STATE PARK - (301) 722-1480
This park offers several options for your outdoor celebration. Pavilions with gorgeous views of Lake Habeeb or scenic mountain views of Rocky Gap Lodge are within walking distance.
- Lakeview Pavilion accommodates up to 125 people with a designated parking area, private restroom and a large open field perfect for weddings, family reunions and large group gatherings.
- Mountain View Pavilion can accommodate up to 80 people. It features private restrooms, service counters, large grills and access to all day area beaches and amenities.
- White Pine Pavilion is located along Pleasant Valley Road near the public boat launch. This pavilion is nestled under a shady grove of white pine trees and accommodates up to 125 people. There are restrooms and ample parking.
- Amphitheater- If you are looking for a place to host your outdoor wedding, reception, a small concert, or other special event, the amphitheater offers the perfect facility. The amphitheatre is available for daily rental. There are breathtaking views which offers the perfect backdrop for your special event. Seating capacity is 3,000. The stage area is 42 feet x 60 feet of smooth finish, rose colored concrete. There is no overhead cover installed on the stage area.
Other state parks in the Western Region to consider for your special event are:
- Cunningham Falls State Park
- Deep Creek Lake State Park
- Fort Frederick State Park
- Herrington Manor State Park
- Swallow Falls State Park
"We used the pavilion at Swallow Falls for a wedding and it was storybook wonderful. It was chilly, and having the firewood available for a fire in the hearth was soooo nice. I had expected to have to sweep and clear cobwebs, but the shelter was spotless. I can't say enough positive things about the experience and the memories it made possible!"
The Mount Aventine Mansion at Chapman State Park
Contact the Park Service
- Toll Free: 1-800-830-3974
- Reservations: 1-888-432-2267
- Park Watch: 1-800-825-7275
- Email Us