Maryland DNR is proud to present the StreamHealth interactive web site. Learn more about the Maryland Biological Stream Survey, receive an overview on the health of Maryland's waters, and check out a map that contains an incredible amount of data. This collaboration between DNR, the Department of the Environment, and the Governor's office is a valuable teaching resource for all the citizens of Maryland.
Maryland StreamHealth Website
Because the Monitoring and Non-Tidal Assessment Division works all over the state, maps are a good tool to illustrate the data we collect. A variety of projects use maps to plan out sampling areas. Choose a map from the drop down to display it. Clicking a static map will open a larger version. Interactive maps may take longer to load, so consider your connection speed when choosing one to view.
Recent Streams News
- Like us on Facebook!
- Round Four of Statewide Sampling
- Recent study finds macroinvertebrates sensitive to nutrients in MD's headwater streams
- A guide to ID'ing the Maryland Darter
- New DNR Guiding Principles for River and Stream Management
- MBSS Round 3 Report Now Available
- Monitoring Dam Fish Passage on the Patapsco