Field Guide to Maryland's Frogs and Toads (Order Anura)
True Frogs (Family Ranidae)
Adult Pickerel Frog, photo courtesy of Scott A. Smith
Adult Pickerel Frog, photo courtesy of Paul Kazyak
Adult Pickerel Frog, photo courtesy of John White
Photo of Habitat for Pickerel Frog courtesy of Rebecca Bourquin
How to Find
Maryland Distribution Map
- Discover Maryland's Herps
- Maryland Herp History
- Maryland Herp Checklist
- Survey Techniques, Collecting Ethics, Safety and the Law
- Problems with Buying Frogs and Tadpoles for Wild Release
- Technical Guide: A Key to the Reptiles and Amphibians of Maryland - 86.3 MB pdf file
- Maryland Amphibian and Reptile Atlas (MARA) Project
- Natural Heritage Program
- Wildlife & Heritage Home
"A Joint Project of the Natural History Society of Maryland, Inc. and the Maryland Department of Natural Resources"
For monthly newsletters of the Maryland Amphibian & Reptile Atlas Project click on Recent Newsletters and scroll down to the MARA Newsletters.
The Maryland Herpetology Field Guide is a cooperative effort of the MD Natural Heritage Program and the MD Biological Stream Survey within the Department of Natural Resources and their partners. We wish to thank all who contributed field records, text, and photographs, as well as support throughout its development.